Jeremy Kersenbrock wrote:

> Has anyone here successfully installed and run ICQ for Java in Linux?  I can't
> get it to install -- I follow the (few) instructions in it's INSTALL.TXT file
> and only get a "too few arguments" error back.
>
> Yes, I have installed JDK (v 1.1.7).  I think I did it right, but Its install
> instructions were even worse, so it might not be right.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  The Mirabilis/ICQ people won't help since this
> is a supposedly unsupported version of ICQ.

        Have you ever considered some of the GNU ICQ clones for UNIX/Linux out
there?  I haven't used one myself, but it seems that would be a better
bet.  Although GNU stuff requires you to read a lot, at least people out
there like to work on it, instead of leaving it in limbo like Mirabilis
did for its Java ICQ.

        Okay, I know that wasn't exactly a satisfactory answer, but it's
somewhat relevant to the situation ^_^

        A couple ICQ clones I know of are Licq (it doesn't stand for Linux ICQ)
and Micq.
--
/-|rcana