Not sure about your problem, but it might be that you're not providing
the full path of the exe. file. For example, in order to run MS Access I
use:

wine /mnt/windows/"Program Files"/"Microsoft Office"/Office/msaccess.exe
 (Note the quotes!).

The things I've used (Word, Access and Excel) also seem to behave better
if Run in Terminal.(You get a normal sized window, nonetheless)

Hope this is some help.

Doug

--
Douglas B. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>