On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:52:04 +1300, Antonovich wrote:
> has anyone managed to get the wine that comes with 9.2 to work yet?
> Nothing seems to be able to be installed. It says that "WineSetupTK
> does not exist" in the config panel...
> Any suggestions? I have installed using the control centre and it
> looks ok.

I use wine with 9.1. There shouldn't be any problem about using it with
9.2. Did you install winesetuptk? It is a different program which must
be installed separately. Running it will help configure wine to the
idiosyncrasies of your system.

All the most recent Mandrake binaries for wine and winesetuptk are
located at:

Winesetuptk 0.7 has just been released. This latest version contains a
new winedefault.reg. You don't need to run "regedit winedefault.reg"
any more to install a windows registry for wine's use, and it has been
updated to configure all the latest features of wine.

If you install a later wine than came with your package, it is important
to remove the previous wine first before installing it. I use the
Mandrake control center, and it does a thorough job of removing the old
wine packages.

deedee

Registered Linux User #327485
Visit "WordStar & GNU/Linux"