hi jamie!
did you copy the config file from the soruces to your $HOMR/.wine/? you can find
it in the documentation/samples/ folder. create a folder called ".wine"(this is
a hidden folder) in you home dir and put the config file into it.

you have to edit this things to your mountpoints:
[Drive A]
 "Path" = "/mnt/floppy"
 "Type" = "floppy"
 "Label" = "Floppy"
 "Serial" = "87654321"
 "Device" = "/dev/fd0"

if you've got a windows partition, use it. there are all needed dlls installed
and so on, most of the programs will work. if you don't have a windows
partition, you've to create a fake windows ;)

with windows partition:
hust edit the path here to your win partition
[Drive C]
 "Path" = "/mnt/win_c"
 "Type" = "hd"
 "Label" = "MS-DOS"
 "Filesystem" = "win95"

without:
create folder fakewin on the root or somewhere else, you've to edit the path in
the drive c section.
[Drive C]
 "Path" = "/fakewin/"
 "Type" = "hd"
 "Label" = "MS-DOS"
 "Filesystem" = "win95"

you can copy these to things:
[Drive E]
"Path" = "/tmp"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "Tmp Drive"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

[Drive F]
"Path" = "${HOME}"
"Type" = "network"
"Label" = "Home"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

these things are the most importent!!:
[wine]
 "Windows" = "c:\windows"
 "System" = "c:\windows\system"
 "Temp" = "e:\"
 "Path" = "c:\windows;c:\windows\system;e:\;e:\test;f:\"
 "Profile" = "c:\windows\Profiles\Administrator"

you've to edit the paths corectly!
if you're using wine without a windows partition, you've to create all these
folders on your own! if you dont, wine wont work!

and thats the way the cookie crumbles ;)
i did these things and wine worked. but my photoshop isnt working. version 6 AND
7 don't work! i could install them, but cannot start them... :(
if you get it work, please let me know!

hope it helpes

greets from the caaaaalled sweitzerland ;)

remo