>> I agree about the Mandrake Choices default, it's really
>> annoying.  I would
>> prefer that it remembered your last use, as for most of us it would
>> automaticlly come up with the right choice 95% of times.

I totally agree.  Same with asking for a password going into it since i
always do it from my user "rwideman".  Then again, couldnt i just make the
permissions on the file 770 and add rwideman to group wheel??

>> I have wondered sometimes, though, whether it is always clear
>> where you are
>> going to get the update from.  I think plf always indicate that in their
>> name, (I don't know about others because I don't use them), but
>> I'm often
>> taken by surprise when I expect to be asked for a disk but find
>> that it just
>> goes ahead and installs, from which I presume it is downloading, but it
>> didn't tell me so.  I would just feel happier if there was some
>> indication
>> before it does it, whether in the way the list is organised, or
>> by message, I
>> don't mind.

Totally agree on "where the hell is it getting the file from?".  I believe
ALL PLF files have PLF in the name, not sure tho.

Rob