On Friday 14 February 2003 09:31 pm, mycal62 wrote:

> All this humility is very nice. ;-)
>
> that aside, it's interesting how the responses have been. with anything
> and especially with opinion
> it's really a matter of perspective, and It becomes a relative thing as
> well.
> When I first tried Linux RH 5.2 ( I think ) I would  say I was an
> absolute Newbie. Now after several
> years can I say I am an Expert? Most definitely NOT, but I don't feel I
> am a true Newbie either.
> I would call myself a "User in perpetual training"  ( I really don't
> think I'll ever be an expert though
> because that would take more brains than I have left. )
>
> But then , That's purely from MY perspective,  < massive grin >
>
> I Like a saying of Confucius : " to know that what you know is what you
> know, is not knowledge,
>                                                  But to know that what
> you do not know is what you do not know ....
>                                                  That is the beginning
> of understanding"
>
> somethng like that.
I often say the one thing I learned about computers in 1992 that I still use,
and is still true, is that what ever you buy today will be obosolete in 3
years, and the same goes with software, (actully I have one program that was
written for win95 and I bought in 1995, that I still use almost every day,
and that is winfax for win 95, since I have kept my hourly billing on it as a
faxed document since 1995 but the OS it ran on is no longer avail, good thing
it still runs using other M$products) and I still use pine when I ssh into a
shell account, and it has been around (without much change that I can see)