mycal62 wrote:
Greg Meyer wrote:

> I thought this would be a fun question to discuss.
>
> How can you tell you are not a Newbie anymore?

All this humility is very nice. ;-)

that aside, it's interesting how the responses have been. with anything and especially with opinion
it's really a matter of perspective, and It becomes a relative thing as well.
When I first tried Linux RH 5.2 ( I think ) I would say I was an absolute Newbie. Now after several
years can I say I am an Expert? Most definitely NOT, but I don't feel I am a true Newbie either.
In all seriousness the difference between a newbie, at least on this list, and a _true_ expert is relative to the comparison between most of us here on the list and Civileme.

Civileme = expert
everyone else(self included) = newbie

As always, the "=" operator flows to the left.

--
Mark
Linux User Since 1996