Hi,

Miark is right. I am just being a bit more elaborate.

It could be an issue of the version of your java executable or it could be
that your java is not in your PATH.

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 00:57, Miark wrote:
> Which Java is installed? I think you need the j2re for it to work,
> which you can download from MandrakeClub.

According to the Limewire website, you need at least 1.3.1 (JRE) installed.
You can get the JRE from club and also from the Sun web site at:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/jre/

Java needs to be in your PATH so if you type "java -version" in a terminal you
should get something like this:

java version "1.4.1_01"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_01-b01)

To get the java executable in your PATH, you need to add the line:

export PATH=/path/to/java/bin:$PATH

either in the file .bashrc in your $HOME directory (for this user alone) or in
/etc/bashrc (for all users)

You then start Limewire with:
java -jar /path/to/LimeWire.jar

That worked for me, good night.