On Monday 17 February 2003 03:14, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> G'day,
>
> as the sub says, I get no audio when playing VCDs in Xine.
> Audio works fine in XMMS, but in Xine I get video ok but
> no sound.
> Clicking on the config tool and then to the audio tab reveals
> the "audio driver to use" is set to "null". Well that would
> do it, I guess...
> Thing is, there's no way I can see to change it. Clicking
> all over the window does nothing; the help tab brings up a
> blank page. I've been wandering around the Mandrake control
> center, but it doesn't seem to report anything wrong.
>
> The sound chip is an AC97 onboard [a Matsonic MS9107C+
> motherboard]. What other system details should I include
> to enable you to help me better?
>
> TIA, as always

I ran into this same problem a couple months ago using an ESS card.  I ended
up removing and then reinstalling the xine package and it started to work
again.  The config file is the same as the previous load, so I'm assuming
(guessing) that a file got corrupted somehow and reinstalling xine fixed it.

HTH