G'day,
I tried 'arts' [after trying a few ways I found you have to
click on the word 'null', go left with the arrow keys, delete
the characters to the right, and only then can you type in a
new value. Oh, and yes, you have to hit enter before leaving
the page or the change won't hold...]
anyway, arts produces the same result - pic but no sound.

'xine --help' tells me the available drivers are null and oss,
but when I tried oss, it just flashes on the screen for a second
or so then disappears.

Anything else??

--
Merlin Zener