On Wednesday February 19 2003 01:53 am, Tony S. Sykes wrote:
> All,
>
> It seems rc1 has the same realtek problem as the rest of the
> beta's. You cannot use dhcp you must have a fixed ip address to
> make it work. I hope bugzilla sorts it out before final.
>
> Tony.

    I have a d-link card that works fine on a dynamic IP pppoe
connection using dhcp. They're only $10.  But, IIRC, there was quite
a bit of discussion about some problem NICs. I believe realtek and
3com were involved. Have you searched the cooker archives for a fix ?
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker&r=1&w=2