On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Dennis Myers wrote:
> >      You won't find the nvidia drivers on Mandrake cooker mirrors.
> > MOF, you won't find any non-free and/or proprietary software.
> As for the cdrw disks, I think you are right. I could not get 9.1b3 to
> install, it would hang part way through in different places. 9.1rc1 Installed
> without a hitch, well except for the known hitches. So I think I will only
> use the cdrw's as a storage device and make sure I can read them at that.

Dennis,

It could be the CDRW media you're using. I've been using CDRW's to record,
store and install betas and RC's for a good while now and haven't
experienced any troubles at all. In fact thats how I recorded and
installed this RC version.

As for the networking troubles I noticed that DrakConnect did definately
have a problem setting up and the LAN during installation and couldn't get
it all done correctly even after the system was up. That was an easy fix
though because it was missing the DNS information for my LAN which was
quickly remedied with Linuxconf. All is well now and I'm lovin this
version. can't wait till the final comes out so's I can buy the powerpack!

--
Mark

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then who's the father?"
Linux User Since 1996