On Wednesday February 19 2003 08:30 am, Tony S. Sykes wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I was on cooker the other day and a guy had the same problem with a
> realtek card, he's posted to bugzilla, and the current workaround
> is having fixed rather than dynamic ip. I am happy with that till
> bugzilla gets it's teeth into it. My card came with my cable
> connection. On a side note my cable company have screwed up and
> have given me a 1 mb pipe for the last week so far. Makes getting
> rc1 a whole lot easier, I had disk 1 & 2 before the 3rd disk hit
> the proxad ftp site. lol
>
> Tony.

   OK, I thought it had been reported. Unfortunately the alternative
might end up being gettin another brand NIC that will work, if you're
in a hurry ;(  D-Links are cheap, work well.  I've heard some less
than flattering stuff about Syslink NICs lately, even security holes
built into the hardware.

  Yeah, I got 1 & 2 before 3, but the mirror (sunsite) was a little
slower than normal (busy as hell ;), and wouldn't allow 3 d/l's at
the same time.  Took 2 hrs, 34 mins to get the first two RC1 iso's
simultaneously usin d4x on a 1.5 mb adsl connection. NBD, I d/l'd iso
3 while I was checking md5sums, and burnin 1 & 2  ;)