On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 21:37, Kesav Tadimeti wrote:
> Hi all,
> Just curious, why don't you people try out Sun Solaris 9 for Intel. SOlaris
> 9 costs $20 for download and USD 99/- for the boxed set. Sol 8 costs 45/-
> for the boxed set. You get a more stable & reliable OS.
>
> What makes you stay loyal to MDK? You probably don't know about it.
>
> Cheers...

If I had a copy, I certainly wouldn't mind running it - rather gotten
used to Solaris - it does have it's shortcomings, but overall, it can be
tweaked and tuned like everything else. I've customised it a bit for
myself - was a bit tough, but got it.

Now if I could get it for FREE, then I'd definitely do a copy...but pay
up front? Mmmm...have to think about about it - besides, $99 USD is
almost $200 AUD...

(Yeah, I'm cheap)

--
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 22:35:00 +1100
 10:35pm  up 2 days, 11:18,  6 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.24, 0.15

The voluptuous blond was chatting with her handsome escort in a posh
restaurant when their waiter, stumbling as he brought their drinks,
dumped a martini on the rocks down the back of the blonde's dress.  She
sprang to her feet with a wild rebel yell, dashed wildly around the table,
then galloped wriggling from the room followed by her distraught boyfriend.
A man seated on the other side of the room with a date of his own beckoned
to the waiter and said, "We'll have two of whatever she was drinking."