About the sealed system.... This is a generic sales story of several vendors, for example I heard the same about a SIEMENS PABX told by a SIEMENS sales guy during a sales meeting, etc.

Back to LINUX, I know a GSM company who run the SMS gateway on a LINUX machine for abt one and half year till replaced with a professional ERICSSON server.

Regards... Bela