Hi,

There are many possible answers to your question and most of them will
fall into two groups: technology and philosophy.  To summarize, Linux
gives you much more for the buck (if you can read French look at
http://benefice-net.branchez-vous.com/nouvelles/03-02/07-153502.html and
see that even Steve Jobs is switching from UNIX to Linux for his company
Pixar), or read the philosophy pages at http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/

Where did you get the strange idea that Solaris is more realiable and stable?

As for your last sentence, well I suppose you know as much about the
participants in the list as about linux

chown -R Linux:GNU world

Cheers

> Hi all,
> Just curious, why don't you people try out Sun Solaris 9 for Intel.
> SOlaris 9 costs $20 for download and USD 99/- for the boxed set. Sol 8
> costs 45/- for the boxed set. You get a more stable & reliable OS.
>
> What makes you stay loyal to MDK? You probably don't know about it.
>
> Cheers...
>
> +-----------------------------------------------------+
>       KEANE INDIA LIMITED
>       E9 - E12, SDF