Hmmm, I just looked at /etc/sysconfig/sendmail and it has the entry
DAEMONIZE=yes.

However, when I execute /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail status it says:

sendmail doesn't daemonize with postfix

Do I just need to disable postfix?  (I hope I can figure out how to do
that!)  What do I gain/lose by this?

Thanks again
Eric