i guess if your machine is overspec'ed and blazing fast,
opera(7) may not offer considerable (performance) advantages
compared to other browsers.

in answer to the qn, for most pp, Opera will probably be faster than Konq.

<IMO>
however, on any botherline machines,
say 500mhz down and 128mb or less,
opera is just about the best browser around.

this is from a feature/performance/conformance standpoint.

the beauty of opera isn't so much in it's features,
but from intuitive and efficient way it allows you to work,
ie, your workflow.

eg. CTRL-N to open a page, type in url, and hit '2' to read prev
with new page loads.

eg2. browse with graphics off, visit www.foo-photoalbum.com
hit "g" to turn on all graphics. CTRL-SHIFT click on 30 photos,
and all pages browsed from this page loads with graphics.
all others remain as per default (graphics off).
</IMO>

now, if only i can wean myself off Outlook Express for my email.