Anne,

I'm not sure if you're the one who started this thread or not, but if
you are looking for a way to backup an entire partition (Linux or
Windows, Novell), you might want to check out InstantRecovery from
NovaStor Corporation:  http://www.no-panic.com/recovery/irecover.html
It's not free, but is pretty cheap (around $40 US).  It basically works
like Ghost and makes an image of the entire drive or individual
partitions.  It will create the image on bootable CD and CD/RW media,
too.  And best of all, it actually is based on Linux (at least version
3.1-the version I have is).

Joeb

--
Joeb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>