At 05:03 AM 3/3/03, you wrote:
Ian Kelly wrote:

Hi,

I just did a fresh install of Mandrake 9.0 and my computer freezes up when
I try to boot from the hard drive.  It gets as far as the message "INIT:
normally appear) and then it dies.  Booting failsafe I get the same
problem, but my boot disk works fine.

I have an Athlon 750 (or thereabouts; been a while since I looked at it)
with 128M of RAM.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Ian Kelly

Could this be a    nobiospnp   problem, if so add it to the
append=   line,  between the "        ", ensuring there is a space
between each seperate command.

John

Thanks, but this didn't help. I don't think my bios is the problem because I used to have Mandrake 7.1 on this computer, and it would boot just fine.

(And no, I don't think the upgrade from 7.1 has anything to do with the
problem because I did an install, not an upgrade.)

Ian