Hello everyone,

I am totally new to Linux.  Just bought a new computer, and want to install both Windows 95 and Mandrake 9.0 on it.  Here's what I've done so far:
(Computer = HP 7915, Intel Celeron 1.1 Ghz, 256 Mb SDram, 40 GB HDD)

I created a 2 Gb primary Dos partition to install Win95 - all went well with that.  Since I cannot boot from my CD-ROM drive (don't know why), I ran Win95, inserted Mandrake CD1in drive, get a setup screen offering several options (install, use floppy, etc).  When I click on the "Install Mandrake" button, a message appears saying "your computer will reboot ... installation will begin" (or to that effect).  When I clicked "OK" - nothing happened.

SO ... I created a floppy, using the cdrom.img file, and tried that way.  Everything was going fine, then my computer rebooted diring the program installation, and I get a message that it can't find the CD-ROM.  Asks me which driver to try. (I have NO idea).  If I randomly choose a driver to try (what the heck, aye), I get asked for kernel info.  Well, now I'm just lost.

I'm sure at least one of you newbies must have had a similar problem??  Would some kind sould please help me out?

Diane Arsenault