Download the *.tar file

I couldn't get "un"tar in KDE for some reason.

In Gnome at file browser find *.tar file, double click

find "so51inst" folder in the directory you found the *.tar

find the "documentation" folder, it has a *.pdf file in it

double click on the PDF file from file browser

open a terminal

follow the installation directions step-by-step

works without a hitch.......

The PDF file is in plain English and has screenshots.  I did a Network
install with 2 separate users as well and I found no complications
except one.

After install is complete. Reboot.. Use KAppFinder... it will justify
your menu for you.  I had to drag and drop an Icon and link to the
executable file name. The installation doesn't do this for you.  But for
some reason StarOffice is a bit confused between Gnome/KDE
installations.  I found StarOffice in the Gnome section of the main
menu.  Or you can drag and drop an icon from the file browser found in
/?/Office51/bin/   /?/being the directory of your user home.

Regards,
Sean
http://www.sjptech.com/