apart from the obvious of checking mixer levels i should note that my sblive
card is significantly quieter in lm 9.0 than it is in winxp, if i put the amp
volume down and turn mandrake and winxp volumes to max the winxp has a lot
more! why this is i don't know, with lm 8.2 this wasn't the case, but then in
lm8.2 there was a mixer control (digital 1 or something) that acted as a
volume control that is missing in lm9.0, i can't help wondering that there
might not be some miser setting that is unaccessible to lm9.0 using even
alsamixer that is not set to optimal but that is set properly by winxp,
i realise that that's hardly a scientific diagnosis but it's the best i've
got!

the point is if you still find that the volume is below what you would expect
after checking mixer levels you might just have to turn up your amp/speaker
volume as there may be nothing 'wrong' with your system :)

bascule

--
- "It could be a torture chamber or a dungeon or a hideous pit or anything!"
- "It's just a student's bedroom, sergeant."