>> levels in aumix, click on File, then Save before quitting aumix.
>> Otherwise the settings won't be saved.
>
>Sadly, gravity prevailed.  The volume indicator was way down again this
>morning.  It's not important, but I wish I knew what's doing this.

Can you 'repair' it by running

aumix -L

?

If so, perhaps you can add that to your ~/.xinitrc
At least that would make a workaround. I had a similar problem with the
volume in RealPlayer. After an upgrade the problem suddenly disappeared.
Which still baffles me...

Paul

--
If thou thinkest twice, before thou speakest once,
thou wilt speak twice the better for it.

http://nlpagan.net - Linux by Mandrake - Sylpheed by Hiro