----- Original Message -----
From: "Adolfo Bello" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "MDK Mandrake" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 8:36 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Windows XP and Mandrake 9.0 - Dual Boot

> Winblows don't support any Linux file system. So put Winblows
partitions
> first because it will stop reading the partition table when it
encounter
> the first partition it doesn't understand.

Both of these statements are untrue for Win2k/XP.  I read somewhere
(sorry, don't remember where - I'm pretty sure it was on the ext2
project page) that there is an apparently fairly stable filesystem
driver for Win2k/XP that allows it to use ext2 filesystems.  And I run
Win2k, and it has no trouble just skipping partitions it doesn't
recognize and continuing on with ones beyond that.