On Tuesday 11 March 2003 08:31 am, Russ Kepler wrote:
> I just installed a Belkin KVM (a model F1DS104T if it matters) and am
> having some trouble switching back to my Mandrake 8.1 system.  After
> switching back the mouse is either a lot faster in movement that
> immediately after a boot, or is completely erratic in operation - movement
> acting like buttons are being pressed and *very* erratic movements.  Very
> frustrating as the only reset is to logout and restart my session.  From
> the Belkin site the suggested workarounds are to remove gpm and to make
> sure that the Pointer section in XF86Config are pretty much minimal; even
> after thse changes I'm having problems.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?
It is highly mouse-dependent--signal-strength wise.  With a high quality KVM
most mice work acceptably, and with a strong mouse signal, the Belkin (which
I use) works acceptably.

If you are married to a scroll mouse you will generally have more trouble than
with a standard mouse.

But your solution is a bit of overkill.  The actual solution is to hit the
penguin key (or the one with that wavy window trailing some melted paint) and
use your arrow keys to select terminals and start your favorite term, su to
root and

# mousedrake

On 8.1 you could also go to configuration and use Mndrake Control Center to
get there, but some of the newer GUI interfaces for MCC do NOT allow keyboard
navigation by any method I have tried.

Civileme