Hi,

I have a mdk 9.0 box running but I am facing some problems when trying
to set up samba file sharing

NT servers can be viewed clearly in the Mandrake Control Center under
"samba mount points" option. I can see the online folder (from a Win NT
workstation) which I want to access as well. However, when I pressed
"mount", it always tells me "failed". I have chosen "user mode" in the
mount options.

I doubt that this has to do with my smb.conf file, as I did not do any
configuaration for it. But I am not so sure how to carry on from here as
there are so many options in the smb.conf file.

I appreciate any advice! Many thanks!

Shan