On Sunday 16 March 2003 09:07 pm, David E. Fox wrote:
> > You might check the permissions. I had mozilla quit
> > working after a
>
> It doesn't seem to be a permissions issue as I've
> attempted to print the test pages manually as root using
> lpr. Same issue - the print job mysteriously disappears -
> gs is not started, and the lpq just tells me printer is
> idle.
>
> If I turn the printer off, lpc says the printer is ready.
> That's odd.
>
> I'm going to try removing the printer and then adding it
> back and see if that fixes things. Well, what do you
> know, that works :).
>
> > Dennis M. linux user #180842

This rings a bell for me : recently I got a new HP 3820 as a
very cheap replacement for my HP 930c (which my kids stole)
and had a frustrating experience to get the damned thing
working under 9.0. Finally, before giving up and returning
the bastard, I used webmin. Voila - succes !

Try webmin.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
Registered Linux user  # 214073 at http://counter.li.org