You need to give group access permission to the cdwriter group to the
following applications (all located in /usr/bin)

cdrdao  (not all burners use this)
cdrecord
mkhybrid (not all burners use this)
mkisofs

To give group ownership open a root konqueror window
(KMenu>Applications>FileTools>File Manager(Superuser)

right click on the file you want to change and select Properties.

HTH

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net