On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, you wrote:

> All this tap dance to get QT2 installed. And I can't get anywhere with it.
> Have I overlooked something? Are there unforseen steps that I am missing
> prior to installing the QT2 rmp package? I am sure there is. The QT2 rpm
> package wasn't made to not be installed.

QT2 is more "advanced" than most of the apps out there.
Your only real option is to just install LICQ via RPM and
forget about compiling your own. Again, I just don't
understand why you HAVE to compile it. QT2 really isn't
ready for current distros of Linux, AFAIK. As I understand
it, QT2 is more for "beta" purposes in getting apps ready
for KDE2.0, than for "current" versions of KDE apps.