On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, John Aldrich wrote:

> QT2 is more "advanced" than most of the apps out there.
> Your only real option is to just install LICQ via RPM and
> forget about compiling your own. Again, I just don't
> understand why you HAVE to compile it. QT2 really isn't
> ready for current distros of Linux, AFAIK.

Not really.. Qt2 is absolutely stable.
The problem is that KDE 1.x doesn't work with Qt2, KDE 2.0 is too unstable
to be of any real use right now, and there aren't so many non-KDE programs
using Qt...

If you need to compile something using Qt 2.0, get the qt2 RPM from 6.1 or
cooker. It's a quick hack (renames the lib to libqt2.so and stuff) to
allow both versions of Qt to coexist.

You have to adapt the program you're compiling though:

find . -type f -exec perl -p -i -e "s/-lqt/-lqt2/" {} \;

And don't forget to specify --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt2 ...

LLaP
bero

--
Tired of waiting for Windows 2000?