From: Adolfo Bello [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 24 March 2003 12:06
To: MDK Mandrake
Subject: Re: [newbie] shutdown is not swith off!

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 03:13, Ricardo Castanho de Oliveira Freitas wrote:
> After the upgrading from mdk8.1 to mdk9.0 the shutdown or halt commands
are
> not switching off the computer anymore!
>
> The screen holds on:
> Power down
>
> And then I have to switch off mannually.
>
> Any help?
>
> TIA
>
> Ricardo

I also had this kind of problem. What I did was to recompile the kernel
turning ACPI on.
(a few days ago somebody said that it has nothing to do with it. But it
worked for me)

Saludos
--
    __
   / \\   @       __     __    @   Adolfo Bello <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                Email Disclaimer

This email has been sent from KPMG LLP, a UK limited
liability partnership, or from one of the companies within
its control (which include KPMG Audit Plc , KPMG United
Kingdom Plc and KPMG UK Limited). The information in
this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
 is prohibited and may be unlawful.  When addressed to
our clients any opinions or advice contained in this email
are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the
governing KPMG client engagement letter.