Recompiling the kernel is not trivial.  Most of us can shut down without
having to do this, so it should be left until you have no other option.  I'm
not sure where you can check your power settings - it's not where it used to
be - but I'm sure someone will tell you.  You may have said it already, but
anyway, please tell us what your power settings in bios are.

Anne

--
Registered Linux User No.293302