it's probably postgres.

If there is a password allocated as well and you don't know what it is,
(blowed if I can remember) try su root then su postgres  :o)

As postgres you are the main postgresql user and can create other users -
including yourself.

There are huge volumes of notes available with the package and from the site.

regards

Daryl