At 08:40 AM 3/25/03, Christopher Shaffer wrote:
Forgive my silly question, but I'm trying to experiment with PostgreSQL (all I've used till now is
MySQL...) on Mandrake 9.0, but I have know idea what the default username/password is. Is it kind of like MySQL, with a root user?

Could be postgres or pgsql - look in /etc/passwd for userid's starting with 'p'. if you 'su' to root, then you won't be asked for passwd switching to pgsql admin (or even change the password of that account). As pgsql admin, use createuser and createdb commands to create a user and database, then use these thereafter. If user and database have the same name, then that user simply enters 'pgsql' to get an interactive session.