Tsur, Oren wrote:

Dear community,
This is the story so far - Installed MDK 9, problems with rights to CDRW and
DVD, re-installed, set-up rights and everything worked fine, wanted to work
with x-cd-roast, x-cd-roast couldn't detect my DVD, changed lilo.conf to
include append="quiet devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi", in terminal
typed lilo to load changes,

changes loaded successfully, in x-cd-roast
everything is fine, in kde my cdrom2 (which used to be my CDRW) is now my
DVD and my CDRW? I am not sure where it has gone..... when I go to the
configuration as root I can see that my dvd is mounted as scd1 on /mnt/cdrom
and my CDRW is mounted as scd0 on /mnt/cdrom2.

Oh, that happens, don't know why, I change the /mnt/cdrom and /mnt/cdrom2 around in /etc/fstab entries and then they come out the proper way round, ie, cdrom= DVD, cdrom2=writer.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]