magnet wrote:

On Friday 28 Mar 2003 12:47 pm, Jim Snyder wrote:

Hello

I am looking for a good TV Card to use with Mandrake 9.0. I plan to upgrade
to 9.1 next month. I have searched a few web sites and so far have found a
Hauppauge WinTV PVR-350 but it is a bit pricey for my budget. Are there
other recommendations for one that will work with Linux? I do not need too
many bells and whistles but would like to watch TV and listen to FM radio
on my computer as well as be able to record from my camcorder on CD or DVD
eventually when I get a DVD burner.
Many thanks in advance!

Jim

I'm running Mandrake 9.0 here with a Win TV-Go card. Viewing is via xawtv and video capture [via cron-triggered scripts that call streamer] is working a charm. I can't recommend it enough, although if I was looking for one now, I'd definately consider the one with the built-in digital decoder to pick up the FreeView channels.

Hope this helps you out :)

Does anyone know of a digital decoder tv card ?

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]