On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:57:26 -0000
"QingHua Wang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> I downloaded 3 cds of Mandrake 9.1 yesterday, but when I try to install it
> this morning I find it can not resize my hard drive, which is a fujitsu
> MHR2030AT all in NTFS with a size of 27.9 GB. (the intsller just said "it's
> not resizeable") Can anyone please give some pointers to fix it? Many thanks
> in advance.
>
> BTW, even the install failed I think this version of 9.1 is very nice
>
> Wishes,
>
> QingHua

I haven't installed to an XP system, but when I did to a Windows 2000 system, I first
had to defrag.  Next, I had to remove the swap file because Windows insisted on
putting it at the very end of the free space (IIR, you remove it by setting the
virtual memory to 0 and rebooting).  After removing the swap file and rebooting the
install CD things worked fine.  Once everything is installed, don't forget to go back
and turn the virtual memory/swap back on in Windows.  Again, this worked in Windows
2000, for XP, YMMV!

Joeb