Richard,

I had a similar problem under Mandrake 9.1, with eth0 to conect my lapton and
eth1 conected to a cable modem, but is it solved:

1) Better start again uninstaling shorewall and erasing the directory
/etc/shorewall.

2) Then go to Mandrake Control Center and go to securyti, DrakFirewall.
Configure your shorewall (you will be asked for a cdrom to install it).

3) Then you can go to Net and internet and configure ip-masquering.

Regards

--
Francisco Alcaraz Ariza
Murcia, España (Spain)