Keith wrote:

Has anyone else had problems with 9.1?
My CD's md5sum match.
SEVERAL install in 2 different AMD (1gig Duron 1.3gig Athlon), 256 RAM.
Sometime bootloader would not install (tried ALL THREE)
NO internet dialer...
Many other wierd things...
Went back to 8.2 Powerpak...
You???

On my office machine 9.1 upgraded flawlessly, except that I had to reconfigure the printer.

At home I had to do an install, probably due to those nvidia drivers I mention earlier (I could probably have solved it by downloading new drivers and hacking a bit, but it was easier to do a clean install, then download the drivers at my leisure).

I lost the KPPP icon, but after I'd started it once from the console, it came back the next time I logged in).

The installer didn't like my hand-compiled version of lyx 1.3.0 and made me remove it.

Mounted media seem to take a while before they are read.

Mozilla 1.3 classes this list as junk mail ;-)

Other than that, no problems so far. It's generally a very nice distro indeeed, and well worth the wait.

Sir Robin