On Sunday 30 March 2003 11:11 am, Frans Ketelaars wrote:
> On Sunday 30 March 2003 17:40, lewis wrote:
> > On Sunday 30 March 2003 03:24 am, Vahur Lokk wrote:
> > > Ühel kenal päeval (pühapäev, 30. märts 2003 07:38) kirjutas Guy
Rouillier:

> > > I have something similar in my comp. SB16 written on the box and Mdk
> > > says its Ensoniq. Probably little better model though - there are four
> > > plugs instead of three that Brenda has.
> > > Was recognised on install and works flawlessly. Except when I once
> > > plugged speakers to my disabled VIA onboard card ;-)
> > > Maybe Brenda has some onboard stuff as well, causing conflict?
> > >
> > > Wahur
> >
> > Hi,  I did have an onboard sound system, but I did disable it in the
> > bias, but no luck on detection.
> > Thanks all for your help.  You are great.
> > Brenda
>
> Does Mandrake Control Centre -> hardware -> harddrake detect your
> card? It should!
>
> Btw you have a soundblaster 16 PCI which only has a similar name
> as the old SB 16 ISA cards but is completely different and based on
> an Ensoniq chip as already said. Creative Labs marketing creating
> confusion :(
>
> HTH,
>
>     -Frans

I have checked MCC but there is no sound card detected.  When I run sndconfig
it doesn't detect the card.  I pick the card from the list and it tells me:
The following error occured running the modprobe program:
/lib/modules/2.4.19-16mdk/kernel/drivers/sound/es1371.o.gz:  init_module:  No
such device          modprobe:  insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.19-16mdk/kernel/drivers/sound/es1371.o.gz  failed
modprob:  insmod sound-slot-0 failed
I don't understand this stuff.  Thanks again.   Brenda