On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 12:52:05 -0800
erylon hines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> insightfully noted:

>On Saturday 29 March 2003 08:58 pm, you wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>> I have it running on my 200MHz Pentium, 96MB ram...
>>
>> Do you have recommendations for window manager, web browser, etc for a low
>> end machine?
>>
>> I have seen a few recs for wm (icewm, blackbox, etc).  Any other opinions?
>>
>> For this machine, i am not looking for pretty, just some of the convenience
>> of the gui.
>> Same goes for the browser: the faster and uglier the better...
>>
>> thanks,
>> huff
>
>Everyone has their own prefs for what to use.  Try them all.
==================================
If you'd like to try some really minimalist wm, my favorite is ion (no icons,
taskbar, or menues though). You might give haze a try also (it has some menues
that can very easily be edited).  Blackbox is more full featured yet still
maintains a very small footprint.
        As recommended above, try a bunch and find what suits the way you work.  Try
getting more RAM as well (an additional 256 will likely cost you $50-$60)
HTH,
Mike

--
"The man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30
years of his life"