It's IBM T20 P3 700MHz, 256M RAM, 12G HD, Mandrake9.0.
What I meant by 'hot swap' is replacing cdrom by
floppy drive in T20 bay on the fly (there is just one
bay so you can have either cdrom or floppy drive in).
I found on www.linux-laptom.net this ain't working but
you can first suspend it, change drives and wake it
up. It works but ... sometime after wake up LCD is out
of sync so I switch to other console (ctrl+alt+f1) and
even there I see screen devided to 3 section
vertically and has prompt 3 times. When I try to
switch back to KDE, I either find it ok or still out
of sync. The same happens when I suspend it by closing
LCD few times during a day if I have to go somewhere.

Martin
--- "H.J.Bathoorn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Monday 31 March 2003 18:36, m wrote:
> > This is what I was hoping for ... unfortunately it
> > ain't happening in my case yet, but I can tell you
> in
> > most cases I had to reboot my Win2k laptop just
> > because application client which I had to run
> daily is
> > causing memory leak and in 2-3 weeks laptop was
> > getting too sluggish.
> >
> > Martin
>
> Ok,
>
> so let's take your your's by the horns and give
> win2k something to worry
> about.
>
> First we'll need to know what Mdk version you
> installed. I'm betting 9.0 cause
> you're mentionning lousy fonts in Mozilla.
>
> Then what laptop i.e. make, cpu & amount of RAM.
>
> And what exactly did you mean by " hot swapping of
> my cdrom with
> floppy ain't working to the same extend as with
> Windows (sometimes after wakeing it up, display
> wouldn't get in sync at all etc etc)", they're
> pcmcia or USB devices or what?
>
> Of course mileage will vary on different hardware
> but as you didn't mention an
> internal modem not working, your chances are pretty
> high to come out on top.
>
> Good hunting,
> HarM
>

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from