On Monday 31 March 2003 22:33, m wrote:
> It's IBM T20 P3 700MHz, 256M RAM, 12G HD, Mandrake9.0.
> What I meant by 'hot swap' is replacing cdrom by
> floppy drive in T20 bay on the fly (there is just one
> bay so you can have either cdrom or floppy drive in).
> I found on www.linux-laptom.net this ain't working but
> you can first suspend it, change drives and wake it
> up. It works but ... sometime after wake up LCD is out
> of sync so I switch to other console (ctrl+alt+f1) and
> even there I see screen devided to 3 section
> vertically and has prompt 3 times. When I try to
> switch back to KDE, I either find it ok or still out
> of sync. The same happens when I suspend it by closing
> LCD few times during a day if I have to go somewhere.
>
> Martin

Hmm, with T20 I've no experience at all so I'm way out of my league there.

I do know that IBM hosts a mailinglist for Thinkpads and linux so maybe you
should check that out too.
Unfortunately I don't have the URL but surely someone else here knows
it......Gerard??

But then this sounds more like a memory/video setting problem, doesn't it?
What graphic card does it have?
Does the same happen using more lightweight windowmanagers like xfce or icewm?

Good luck,
HarM