The extra sections to edit are based on whether or not you previously
had an ATi video card or not. Entries in the file could include the
Option line regarding "dri", or "DPMS". I didn't finish up with the rest
of the README file, but I did catch a line that mentioned something
about being able to set additional options.

Since I was just looking to get it running, I didn't continue with these
options once I had it running. Assuming that your config file already
points to the "nvidia" driver module, you're probably not going to need
to edit the file at all.

Still, I'd suggest keeping a copy of your original driver module and
XF86Config-4 file, just in case. Mine went slicker than snot off a
duck's back, so I'm pretty happy. X has been rock-solid ever since. It
was pretty good with the "nv" module, but I was planning on installing
the new drivers anyway. I had previously had several problems with the
old driver packages from NVidia, and wasn't looking forward to this very
much. Probably the reason I was pleasantly surprised!

Now, if only I could get the SVHS output working, I'd be all set. I have
a 42" plasmavision screen that's dying to become a computer monitor!

Lanman