On Thursday April 3 2003 09:18 pm, Frank Cote wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 22:23, cF wrote:
> > Do you realize how geeky this sound to a non-initiated linux user
> > like me? Whoa.
>
> Sorry, I wasn't sure if I should email the newbie or experts list,
> so I figured I'd try the newbie list first see if anyone ran into
> this before. :)
>
> I'm no expert that's for sure.
>
> Frank

   Frank, I only got the behaviour you described after a large update
to current cooker 9.2 yesterday, which included KDE 3.1.1, and other
major updates like glibc, and some like mdkkdm.  I solved it by using
Crtl-Alt-Backspace to restart X (and mdkkdm). This only solved it
temporarily, a reboot fixed it for good. kdm didn't have the problem.

    Since you also said you tried kdm, I take it you have the
kdebase-kdm rpm installed.  Edit /etc/sysconfig/desktop and make
sure, or add the line  DISPLAYMANAGER=kdm