On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 10:52, Tom Brinkman wrote:

>    Frank, I only got the behaviour you described after a large update
> to current cooker 9.2 yesterday, which included KDE 3.1.1, and other
> major updates like glibc, and some like mdkkdm.  I solved it by using
> Crtl-Alt-Backspace to restart X (and mdkkdm). This only solved it
> temporarily, a reboot fixed it for good. kdm didn't have the problem.
>
>     Since you also said you tried kdm, I take it you have the
> kdebase-kdm rpm installed.  Edit /etc/sysconfig/desktop and make
> sure, or add the line  DISPLAYMANAGER=kdm

Done.  Didn't fix it for me :(

On a hunch I tried to re-install mdkkdm and kdebase-kdm in case any of
the files were corrupt.  I did this with rpm -e and then urpmi...

still no joy.  I guess I'll have to live with gdm...not the end of the
world I guess, but I hate having an unsolved problem.

Thanks for the suggestion, I really appreciate your help.

Frank

--
Frank Cote <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>