On Thursday 29 May 2003 4:51 pm, Rob Lindsay wrote:
> Anne et al.,
>
> Have been following the thread above and have a personal solution
> which may or may not help.
>
> I decided to remove aumix. I didn't like its default mute. Am using
> Kmix without any problems.
>
> WRT XMMS, it seemed to sort itself out when I configured CD Audio
> Player 1.2.7 to point to /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd. I am
> using my CDRW to play music CDs.
>
> I have Id Software .cin player 1.2.7, MPEG Layer 1/2/3 Player
> 1.2.7, Ogg Vorbis Player 1.2.7, Tone Generator 1.2.7 and Wave
> Player 1.2.7 disabled.
>
> Rob

OK - maybe it's worth a try, at that.  For my part, I have no problem
with music - it's the system sounds that have become so quiet that I
have to use additional 'event' sounds to make sure I hear them.

Before going down this road, would anyone care to enlighten me as to
why aumix is there?  What does it do that kmix can't?

I have an audigy sound card, running with oss (the recommendation).
Xine and xmms both have good sound.

Anne

    • ... Mark D'voo
    • ... Derek Jennings
    • ... bascule
      • ... Ashley Reynolds
  • ... Thomas Wildeman
  • ... Tom Brinkman
  • ... Adolf, Michael F
  • ... Rob Lindsay
    • ... Anne Wilson
  • ... Adolf, Michael F
  • ... Kaj Haulrich
    • ... Per-Olof Litby - Reg'l Mgr Nordic/Baltic - Java System Software - Sun Microsystems
      • ... Per-Olof Litby - Reg'l Mgr Nordic/Baltic - Java System Software - Sun Microsystems