Hehe, thaNKS heaps for the crtl+alt+f7m advice; I was able to get some sound
configuration going! Again, thanks:) No if only I could learn to save
directly from a program like starword or the gimp to a floppy i will feel as
though i getting somewhere.
good cheer,
thmswldmn

>From: "Mark D'voo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [newbie] no sound
>Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:50:06 +0600
>
>On Sunday 13 January 2002 11:18 pm, you wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have installed 8.1 easily except for the fact that i can't get any
>sound.
> >
> > I went to control center/hardware and then the system blacks out...
>
>the system doesn't actually black out, it throws you into a virtual console
>for some reason, press control-alt-F7, that will take you back into X and
>you
>will see harddrake and be able to configure your soundcard
>
>mark
>
>and i
> > have to reboot. I am a complete newbie with regard to Linux, having only
> > used windows 3.1,95/8 and 2000 up to this point, and so I have no clue
>as
> > to what I should do.
> > My sound card is a soundblaster pci128.
> > I checked the bios to make sure pnp os was disabled and I did the
>sndconfig
> > thing. sndconfig told me that my soundblaster
> > pci128 sound card was an ensoniq/ES1370 Ausio PCI card and that it
>wasn't
> > currently supported. I was given no other options like a tree to select
>my
> > card from... But, Is this so, as my sound card is at least 4 years old i
> > think?? I am beginning to think I don't have the wits to deal with this.
> > Any assistance would be great.
> > respectfully,
> > thmswldmn

>--
>  11:49am  up 2 days, 16:05,  3 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.18, 0.18

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

  • ... Bob Barnes
  • ... Mark Shaw
  • ... Thomas Wildeman
    • ... Mark D'voo
    • ... Derek Jennings
    • ... bascule
      • ... Ashley Reynolds
  • ... Thomas Wildeman
  • ... Tom Brinkman
  • ... Adolf, Michael F
  • ... Rob Lindsay
    • ... Anne Wilson
  • ... Adolf, Michael F
  • ... Kaj Haulrich
    • ... Per-Olof Litby - Reg'l Mgr Nordic/Baltic - Java System Software - Sun Microsystems
      • ... Per-Olof Litby - Reg'l Mgr Nordic/Baltic - Java System Software - Sun Microsystems