On Thursday 29 May 2003 07:32 pm, KVPSTAFF wrote:
> Ok people...
> this is Kit again of [EMAIL PROTECTED] fame...lol
>
> I'm now connected to DSL under verizon service.
>
> I'm setting up linux mandrake 9.0 right now...
> and later 9.1 (after downloading it)
>
> this is the config ihave right this moment:
>
> a windows 2000 pro machine,
> networked with 2 other w2k pro machines,
> and a mandrake linux only machine....
> using a INTEL InBusiness 5 port hub.
>
> every machine sees each other...but only the DSL connection is on
> the windows 2k pro setup with verizon DSL.....
>
> I'm trying to get linux to now see the windows box...so that i can then
> setup the dsl connection to share with the windows boxes...
> I would appreciate some help with this...anyone care to lend a hand?
>
> KVP-PC Staff
> http://www.kvp-pc.com
In my humble opinion, you are better off using the linux box as the gateway
and enabling connection sharing in MCC. It is easier to set up as far as I am
concerned. But you have the Modem in the windows box so you should be able to
go to "internet connection" and inable sharing from there. I would use
internal static IPs  but that's just me.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842